Privacy Notice - Life Church Lichfield
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
Life Church Lichfield is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Life Church Lichfield complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. Your Name and Contact details are stored on our church Management information system and can be accessed by church staff and leaders. We invite all those on our database to access ‘my church suite’, all users can see your name by default, but not other details unless you change your privacy settings to make them visible. If you do not wish your name to appear on My Church Suite, please contact the church office.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: -
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the congregation, including children and the public in and around Lichfield as outlined in our constitution;
- To contact you in an emergency, in respect of children’s groups/activities;
- To administer membership records;
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity;
- To manage our employees and volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications and charitable returns);
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services running at Life Church.
- To provide pastoral support.
- To operate the website and deliver the services that individuals have requested.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Legitimate Interest of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and keep you informed about relevant local events. To safely run groups and activities for children, vulnerable adults and the community. To manage volunteers. NB if you are unable to supply requested information for children, we may not be able to accept your child at our activity.
- Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to Gift Aid or under employment, social security, safeguarding, charitable returns or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
- Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim provided: -
- the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
- there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the church in order to carry out a service to other church members or for purposes connected with the church. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the church with your consent. Please note that when data is shared on external sites, with appropriate permission such as website/social media sites/ etc. that the forward sharing of any information is not within our control.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with our review of data held. We only keep the data we need to help achieve our aims and legal obligations
Specifically, we retain gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate; and church marriage registers/safeguarding records permanently.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Life Church Lichfield holds about you;
- The right to request that Life Church Lichfield corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Life Church Lichfield to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Church Manager, Life Church Lichfield, Netherstowe, Lichfield, Staffs WS13 6TS. 01543 254596